Sunday, October 4, 2009

5th October 2009


Hi! I'm Bernardita. We're back here at our Cafe Class after a two week school break.Oh, it was such a beautiful holiday, haven't gone to much places though but that break gave me enough time to practice cooking and preparing at home the different kind of recipes we did in class. I can confidently say now that I can make different kind of salads like the Vegetable salad, Rice salad, Couscous salad and Noodle salad. I also prepared at home Mexican rice and that it really came out beautifully. What I haven't tried yet are those foods that need baking since the oven at home doesn't work well, it's fan isn't working and we haven't fixed that yet. But I do love to try those recipes. This class also inspired me to plant vegetables in our garden because it's really fun picking fresh veggies in the garden for salad. Right now, we have lettuce, cabbage, celery. broccolli, cauliflower, tomatoes, snow peas, eggplant, chillies, capsicum, climbing beans, cucumber, pumpkin, squash all growing well in our garden. We also have strawberries and different kinds of herbs like mint, oregano, thyme, tarragon, parsely, dill, sage, lemon grass and chives. For today, we prepared Bacon and Egg Pies,Home made Vanilla slices, Ravioli and Chicken Cacciatore. Each order comes with Mexican rice, couscous salad, noodle salad, and Tossed Vegetable salad. I got to prepare the Ravioli and I guess I can do it at home. The Bacon and Egg Pies looked easy to prepare too. I might as well try it at home today after class so I won't forget how to do it. I missed Natalia today. She's absent, hope to see her next week. That's all for now, see you.....