Sunday, November 22, 2009

23rd November 2009


Hi, I'm Bernardita. For our Cafe class today, we prepared Tuna Roulade,Vegetable Stack, Pancakes with Jam and Cream, Chocolate, Nut and Date Torte, Rice Salad and Potato Salad. I was assigned to do the Vegetable Stack from the start up to the finish. The first thing I did was to prepare the dough for the Lebanese bread which were then fried. They were arranged layer by layer in a round baking dish with the following fillings: taco sauce, shredded cheese, stir fried red and green capsicum with onions, baked eggplant, sliced tomatoes and mushrooms.then, it was baked and oh, it really was beautiful...I can do it again at home, no worries about it.
By the way, we did a catering job last Saturday, the 21st of November. Our teacher Junita, asked Lania and I if we could help her do the catering for her former boss of this Community College. We had a good time, we enjoyed doing it, preparing food for about 18 people for a birthday party in Bruthen. It was fun and easy and it gave us a very good work experience. I like it very much, I enjoyed working with Junita and Lania and we earned 50 bucks each afterwards, very rewarding also. I ended asking Junita if she can have more catering jobs and I'm very much willing to give her a hand.
That's all for today...see you next week....